Friday, October 26, 2012

Top 5 Reasons I Hate Politics/Politicians

      It seems that whoever I talk to these days has something to say about the politician they like, about how great or smart he is and how he is going to fix all of America's problems. I am more of a "cup-half-empty" type of guy, so I usually start in on the reasons why I DISLIKE their preferred politician (or ANY politician for that matter). I have had so many conversations like this lately that it got me thinking...What are the TOP 5 REASONS I HATE POLITICS AND POLITICIANS? So I grabbed my thinking cap, did some brainstorming, and this is what I come up with:

The Top 5 Reasons I Hate Politics/Politicians
  1. They Lie. Politicians tell the public what they think we want to hear. It doesn't matter what the topic is, if they think it will help them get into office, THEY WILL SAY IT.
  2. They are out of touch. Most politicians have been wealthy for so long that they forget about how hard it actually is for the average American to obtain even the most basic needs.
  3. They are greedy. Let's face it, a lot of these politicians only get into public service to further their own agendas and pad their own bank accounts. If a law can profit them in some way it will have a better chance of being passed.
  4. Most are Shady. It is all over the news stations about how these individuals hide how much they are making or the deals they have been making so Americans won't find out. They are anything but transparent with their own lives, but want to meddle in yours.
  5. Most Have an Elitist Quality About Them. They believe that they are better than most people, so they should be making the decisions. Some of these guys don't even know what the current minimum wage is, and when they are told they are ASTOUNDED. 

No comments:

Post a Comment